Languages: English, Fujianese/Hokkien, Tagalog
Mr. Ong held position as a clinical social worker at Yale Child Study Centre providing child & adolescent psychotherapy, worked with at risk youth and families and served as a clinical fellow at Harris-Provence Child Development Unit. He was a consultant for New Haven Head Start Preschool program in Connecticut. At Yale, he provided psychotherapeutic interventions at various settings such as the outpatient psychiatric clinic for children, school based mental health services, and IICAPS (Intensive In-home Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Services). He worked as a primary medical social worker at New York University Langone Medical Centre. At NYUMC, he helped clients ranging from pediatric to geriatric population providing crisis management, counselling with individuals and families experiencing acute psychosocial stress, discharge planning with medically complicated patients, assisted families with end of life care, medical social work with older adults, and protection against child maltreatment. He was an adjunct professor and field practicum supervisor at New York University Silver School of Social Work’s postgraduate program. Prior to joining Alpha Clinic, Mr. Ong was a counsellor at Southside Family Health Centre and Central Health Medical Practice in Hong Kong.
Mr. Ong obtained his Bachelor degree in Biology at Loyola University Chicago and Masters in Public Health and Social Work at University of Michigan. He received his fellowships at Yale University Child Study Center. He is a registered Social Worker with the Hong Kong Social Workers Registration Board.
- Bachelor of Science at Loyola University Chicago (USA)
- Master of Public Health and Master of Social Work at University of Michigan (USA)
- Hong Kong Registered Social Worker (HKSWRB)
- Advanced Clinical Social Work Fellowship at Yale University Child Study Center (USA)
- Harris Early Childhood Fellowship at Yale University Child Study Center (USA)
- Adjunct professor and field practicum supervisor at New York University Silver School of Social Work (USA)
- Special interest in mood and anxiety disorders, ADHD, parent-child interpersonal conflict and relationship issues, acculturation & adjustment issues, social skills training, school bullying, and peer relationship difficulties