Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Deputy Chief of Service, Department of Forensic Psychiatry, Castle Peak Hospital
- Specialist-in-charge, Forensic Psychiatric Clinic, Pamela Youde Nethersole Eastern Hospital
- Visiting Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, Siu Lam Psychiatric Centre
- Visiting Consultant Psychiatrist, Rehabilitation Group, Lai Chi Kok Reception Centre
- Member of Guardianship Board under Labor Department, HKSAR
- Member of Hospital Management Committee, Castle Peak Hospital
- Member of Medical Committee of Castle Peak Hospital
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, the University of Hong Kong
- Trainer (Forensic Psychiatry) of Hong Kong Central Academic Course, Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, University of Hong Kong
- Masters in Criminology, University of Hong Kong
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists
- General adult psychiatry, addiction psychiatry, child psychiatry, forensic psychiatry, correctional psychiatry
- Extensive experiences in psychiatric risk assessment, management of mentally-disordered offenders in different settings (e.g. correctional, community, outpatient and hospital settings), and forensic psychiatric assessment
- Had submitted over 3,000 psychiatric reports to the Court
- Been repeatedly appointed as psychiatric expert witness in the Court
- Acted as medical (Panel B) member of Guardianship Board to conduct hearings in order to make guardianship orders for people aged 18 years and over with decision making incapacities
- Conducting psychiatric assessment and preparing forensic reports for Non-Refoulement Claimants under Unified Screening Mechanism of Immigration Department, HKSAR
- Choi, W. K. (2005). Pathological gambling: A literature review of the biomedical models. Dissertation for Part III Fellowship Examination, Hong Kong College of Psychiatrists.
- Wong, J.O.Y., Leung, S. P., Mak, T., Ng, R. M. K., Chan, K. T., Cheung H. H. K., Choi, W. K., Tsang, A. W. K. (2006). Plasma clozapine levels and clinical response in treatment-refractory, Chinese schizophrenic patients. Progress in Neuro-psychopharmacology & Biological Psychiatry 30 (2006) 251 – 264.
- Every-Palmer, S. Brink, J., Chern, Choi, W. K., Hern-Yee, J.G., Greem, B., Heffernan, E., Johnson, S. B., Kachaeva, M., Shiina, A., Walker, D., Wu, K., Wang, X., & Mellsop, G.(2013) . Review of Psychiatric Services to Mentally Disordered Offenders around the Pacific Rim. Asia-Pacific Psychiatry. ISSN 1758-5864.
- Mellsop, G, Choi, W. K., Every-Palmer, S., Green, B., Heffernan., Ed, Kachaeva., M., Shiina, A., & Wang, X. (2016). Drug driven psychoses and legal responsibility or insanity in six Western Pacific nations. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry. dx.doi.org.
- Siu, C., Agid, O., Waye, M., Brambilla, C., Choi, W. K., Remington, G., Harvey, P. D. (2014). Insight into Illness and Uncooperativeness in Chronic Schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research 153 (2014), Supplement 1, S125–S126.
- Siu, C., Waye, M., Brambilla C., Rao, S., Lam, M.H.B., Choi, W.K., Wing, Y.K. (2014). Early Sleep symptoms predicted non-remission in patients treated with citalopram for depression in STAR*D. Poster presented at the World Psychiatric Association Regional Congress. December 12-14, Hong Kong.